A collection of short stories from my recent travels to Israel and Uganda as well as many other tales, old and modern, from across the UK.
* An Irish Circus girl leaps from a dizzying height;
* A farewell tea brings fear in an upmarket hotel;
* A Flying Scotsman screeches to a juddering halt;
* Partition in Israel, even in a place of shared ancestry;
* Conflict and confusion around Uganda;
* Early life tales of George Gilbert and Robbie Glendenning, heroes of "Cornish Conundrums";
* A new tale of William Shakespeare, special agent ;
and many more. Relax and plunge in for a Lucky Dip.
Only a few of these are crime stories. Top short-story writer Iain Pattison says of the first, Londonderry Heir: ". . . a marvellous detective story, with a clever twist ending; tightly written, intriguing, well paced, expertly structured . . ."
Some pictures relating to the locations of some of the stories are shown on the left.